We eat a ton of fruit and vegetables in our house. We buy organic (when we can) and we also make sure that we get them as clean as possible. I make this homemade spray and use it on every piece of fruit or vegetable before it goes into the fridge or onto the counter.
Here are the ingredients that you will need:
- 1 cup water (you can use regular or distilled)
- 3 tablespoons White Vinegar
- Juice from one lemon (or 2 tablespoons of bottled lemon juice)
- 1 spray bottle
To create and use your spray:
- Combine the ingredients in the spray bottle (shake well before each use).
- Spray the fruit or vegetables (covering all sides).
- Let sit for a minute or so.
- Rinse off the spray (you can also use a veggie brush to scrub the food while you are rinsing).
- Enjoy your fresh, clean fruit!